Re: [squid-users] Usernames with whitespace

From: <apmailist@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:46:10 +0100

I'll test your patch on a 2.5STABLE7.

I'll let you know about the results.

Bugzilla # is 1187

By the way I use these filters :

auth_param basic program /proxy1/libexec/squid_ldap_auth -b
ou=Person,dc=company,dc=com -f(uid=%s) -h ldapserver

external_acl_type ldap_group %LOGIN /proxy1/libexec/squid_ldap_group -b
ou=Applications,dc=company,dc=com -B ou=Person,dc=company,dc=com -F "(uid=%s)"
-f "(&(uniqueMember=%u)(cn=%g)(objectClass=groupofuniquenames))" -h ldapserver

Thanks

Andrew.

>> The best would be that Squid asks for a username/passwd until it is valid
(good pair && no whitespace) so that the end-user doesn't get confused.