[squid-users] auth_param username rewrite

From: Scott <scott.horsley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:08:49 +1100

Hi pplz,

I am a newbie to this list so be nice if none of this is making a lot
of sense.

I have a very large amount of customers which log into a squid farm
(load balanced) and request authentication.
I have no problems with this..

Currently a user must log in using a username@domain to authenticate.
This works fine but as time goes by I end up with a large amount of
users wishing that they could drop the domain authentication from the
auth request.

I would like to do this but I have hit a brick wall in regards to how
to handle multiple matching usernames (and passwords unfortunetly)
without a domain.

I have a structured list of ip addresses which match these domains but
of course I cannot parse the %SRC to the auth_param.

I was wondering if anybody had a solution which would include either.

A) allowing %SRC to be passed with <username> <password> to the auth
helper

OR

B) a way of rewriting the username passed to the helper to include the
source.. eg <username>@%SRC <password>

I might be looking at this wrong but all the things that I have looked
at so far have said that squid will not pass any args to the auth
helper at all.

Any help/pointers/feedback would be great.

Thanks

Scott

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
 those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.