Re: [squid-users] Squid + LDAP installation issues

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 16:14:37 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Ricardo [iso-8859-1] López Urrutia wrote:

> Hello List, I've searched through the FAQ's, the list and the
> Internet and have not found an answer yet. Hope someone outhere can help
>
> Background: squid-2.5.STABLE5-4.fc2.2, source RPM modified to only
> accept LDAP authentication below are the modified lines in the squid.spec
> file
>
> --enable-external-acl-helpers="ip_user,ldap_group,unix_group," \
> --enable-auth="basic,ldap" \
> --enable-basic-auth-helpers="LDAP,NCSA," \
>
> (I left NCSA authentication due to the nature of error messages)
>
> Downloaded the Squid Ldap Authentication Module

Why not using the standard squid_ldap_auth helper you already selected to
have installed above?

> After the download I untarred it, cd to directory, make and
> cp to /etc/squid
>
> On squid.conf i add the following line without acl's so far just for
> the sake of watching if it works
>
> authenticate_program /etc/squid/ldap_auth, but get the following
> error.
> "parseConfigFile: line 16 unrecognized: 'authenticate_program
> /etc/squid/ldap_auth'"

This is old Squid-2.4 and earlier configuration syntax. See the Squid-2.5
release notes for details. It should also be noted that old authentication
helpers needs some slight update to work correctly with Squid-2.5 if there
is odd characters in either the username or password.