[squid-users] MSNTAuth

From: BusyBoy <busyboy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:53:51 +0500

Hello ,

I have the Cache System in a domain of Windows Workstations:

My Current configuration is like this:

I have three groups to give them internet access accordingly:

1: some are totally blocked to internet ( except local interanet sites)
2: around 100 IP's are allowed for all internet except
Hotmail.com,mail.yahoo.com and MSN Messenger:
3: around 50 IP's are those who are totally allowed to every internet entity.

and all this is working fine as far as the IPs are concenered.

before this I had configured ISA server for Active Directory User
based permissions and It went quite happily but due to some reason
(Fortunately we moved to Squid)

now when I have installed Squid and I am doing with it fine w.r.t
IP,,, I have seen that there is a patch for squid called "
MSNTAuth"...

Can someone guideme if there is anything with MSNTAuth patch to do
with Active Directory Users, so that I can configure it to autheticate
current user from Primary Domain Controller and the proxy/cache remain
transparent to user.

One thing more that if it is done successfully,,,will the user have to
put username/password everytime to verify access information?

--
Nasir Mahmood
Systems  Administrator.