[squid-users] Delay pools

From: ansari imtiyaz ahmed khadim husain <imtiyaz@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:23:13 +0530

Hi all ...

I am having a problem regarding delay pools..

I have a total bandwidth of 128kbps ( cable line ).

I want to divide this bandwidth for three pools

One for class 1 pool( 28 kbps ),
second for class 2 pool ( 50 kbps ),
third for class 2 pool. ( 50 kbps )

In pool 1 , I have 5 members,
In pool 2 , I have 10 members with 5kbps for each member
In pool 3 , I have 25 members with 2 kbps for each user

the delay parameter will be

delay_parameter 1 3500/3500

delay_prameter 2 6250/6250 625/625

delay_parameter 3 6250/6250 250/250

This will limit the individual member not to cross their individual
limit even if no one is using the bandwidth.I want that a member should
be able to use the bandwidth when no one is using it.

How can I achieve that ..?

Can any one help me....?

Thank's in advance
Imtiyaz Ansari