Re: [squid-users] Two questions about the cachemgr in Squid 2.5.STABLE7

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:40:30 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 Tom.Williams@diversifiedsoftware.com wrote:

> 1. What does the "unlink" count in the DISKD stats section of the cachemgr
> mean? Does that indicate the number of cache objects that have been
> deleted from the cache?

Yes.

> 2. Also, I'm still populating my cache. It's about 14% used and I'm
> wondering when Squid will start purging items from the cache, now that I'm
> using GDSF vs LRU. Will Squid purge items from the cache even though it's
> not near the cache_swap_low threshold?

Objects gets purged from the cache due to a number of reasons

   - Object replaced by a newer version of the same URL

   - Object expired and deleted by the removal policy due to this, despite
there still being free space available.

   - Removal policy throws objects out to make space for new ones when low
on space.