Re: [squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy

From: Chris Perreault <Chris.Perreault@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:01:26 -0500

We are using squid to reverse proxy multiple back end (origin) web
servers. To keep things simple we make it look like one big site.

oursite.com/intranet hits squid and goes to ip_of_intranet/intranet
directory
oursite.com/extranet hits squid and goes to ip_of_extranet/extranet/
directory
oursite.com/webmail1 hits squid and goes to ip_of_webmail1/webmail1/
directory
oursite.com/webmail2 hits squid and goes to ip_of_webmail2/webmail2/
directory
oursite.com/portal hits squid and goes to ip_of_portal/portal/ directory
etc ...as long as each server has its content in a uniquely named
directory off of root, all is well.

We use SSL from the proxy to the browser and are using inside and outside
proxies. ie: one on our back-end network, one in our DMZ. Using external
dns servers lets oursite.com point to the public ip address that reaches
the DMZ proxy and the internal dns points oursite.com to the internal
(private ip address) squid server. Same address for the users, whether at
home, on the road, or at a desk at work. https://oursite.com/intranet
works from everywhere.

Chris Perreault
Webmaster
Wiremold Legrand
West Hartford CT 06010
860-233-6251 ext 3426

Gruskovnjak Oliver <oliver.gruskovnjak@gmail.com>@SMTP@Wiremold
01/14/2005 09:11 AM
Please respond to
Gruskovnjak Oliver <oliver.gruskovnjak@gmail.com>@SMTP@Wiremold

squid-users@squid-cache.org@SMTP@Wiremold
cc

Subject
[squid-users] Squid Reverse Proxy

Hey people

I got a litle question about reverse proxing.

Is it possible to have one reverse proxy and 3 Webservers ?
Or do I need to have for each webserver one reverse proxy ?

Regards Oliver