Re: [squid-users] squid_ldap_auth or squid_ldapauth supports MD5 ?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 01:36:03 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Joan Ramos Ramos wrote:

> hi, i'm trying to configure squid ( Suse 9.2 squid-2.5.STABLE6-6) with ldap authentification, all users in my ldap database are with md5 password encryption.
> squid_ldap_auth or squid_ldapauth supports MD5 ?

squid_ldap_auth supports whatever passwords encryption schemes supported
by your LDAP server, using either ldap_simple_bind to bind to the user
object in the LDAP tree or ldap_compare to compare the selected password
attribute with the user supplied password. In both operations it is the
LDAP server which determines if the password is valid or not.

It would not be hard to write another ldap helper which manually compares
a "UNIX-style" password attribute, similar to how ncsa_auth works on
plain-text files.