Re: [squid-users] auth_param username rewrite

From: Scott <scott.horsley@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:48:11 +1100

On 17/01/2005, at 2:09 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Scott wrote:
>
>> My other alternative theory would be to create some sort of third
>> party login to allow users to auth and therefore setting the user to
>> user@domain before passing to the squid server..
>
> This is what I proposed doing with one Squid instance per group of
> users.

Sorry Henrik, should have elaborated a little... I have over 1000
customer sites.. that would be a little ugly to set up and very ugly to
maintain.

>> The only problem with this would be that I have no idea how to get
>> such a page to force proxy headers to a remote client to be used on
>> the squid server..
>
> It must be another proxy (such as Squid) and it must support
> forwarding of the user credentials to another proxy but with a
> modified username (which Squid does btw.. see the login= cache_peer
> option).

I'll take a look at this me thinks

> Regards
> Henrik

Thanks once again :)

Scott

use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
 those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.