[squid-users] transparent proxy + web content filter problem

From: DurgaPrasad Adusumalli <adusumallid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:51:47 +0530

I am using web proxy content filter (Dansguardian) to scan all
outgoing traffic from my LAN. I am using transparent proxying with an
iptable rule that forwards all outgoing traffic to web proxy. This
setup works but all the browsing activity gets slowed down. When I
configure my browser to use proxy Internet access gets faster.

Can someone suggest me how can I enhance the performance of iptables
with this rule is place and without configuring my browser to use
proxy.

Thanks in advance.
Durga Prasad.