Re: [squid-users] Cache refresh after edit using Zope

From: Ken Ara <feedreader@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 03:14:51 -0800 (PST)

Thank you Henrik. I found more on this in Chapter 7 of
Squid: The Definitive Guide. Some Zope-specific
instructions can also be found here:
http://www.zope.org.tw/docs/NewPloneBook/Chapter14#id28

But I also have a more serious problem.

I publish a large number of RSS feeds which I update
once a day. These are cached by Squid and bear
"Last-Modified", "Expires" and "Cache-Control"
headers. But some user agents (the 'feed aggregators')
ignore these; I understand this means they do not
implement 'conditional GET'. I need Squid to send back
a "304 Not Modified" reply instead of the "200 OK" for
any fresh files and never allow a CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS
for any files called 'rss.xml'.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks, Ken