RE: [squid-users] Multiple IP - 2 domains - 1 web server

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:42:57 -0500

> I have squid setup for one domain working fine. www.mysite.com
resolves
> to squid box and then proxies for the backend web server. I have
> another site setup on that web server that uses a different IP
address.
> anothersite.mysite.com I would like to go through the proxy as well.
How
> would I set squid up for that?

The easiest is to change the ip of anothersite.mysite.com to the IP of
your Squid.

Is there any specific reason why you want the two sites to use different

public IPs?

It was originally setup this way, not sure of the reason, it was before
I was here. If I set it up with the same public IP address I would need
to use host headers correct?

Brad