Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.0 "accelerator using host" caching problem

From: Reuben Farrelly <reuben-squid-users@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:55:55 +1300

At 07:07 p.m. 18/01/2005, forgetful tan wrote:
>hi,all
>
> I'm using squid 3.0 's vhost mode. I set some domain name as
> cache_peers with the originserver option as follow :
>cache_peer myhost.domain parent 80 0 originserver default
> But all the access log I got is kind of MISSes (TCP_MISS,
> TCP_CLIENT_REFRESH_MISS).
>
> If I set "always_direct allow myhost.domain" , I got all the http
> traffic to myhost in DIRECT mode.
>
> Didn't I set the proper configuration ? Or can't I got this pages
> cached ?

I'm seeing the same thing on a customer system (everything retrieved from
the backend server is always TCP_MISS/304 even though it definitely is
cacheable), but was holding back till I'd done some more investigation. I
am using a very old snapshot (about -PRE3). I can't upgrade as more recent
versions seem to be very unstable right now :(

I have a recollection of this problem being fixed at some point but it must
have been far far back, wish me luck finding the patch.....................

reuben