Re: [squid-users] Problems with Squid 2.5 and Squid 2.4 as parent

From: Jens Strohschnitter <suse-linux@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:03:05 +0100

> > Hi there,
> >
> > I have a problem after using the new Squid-2.5 with an Parent: Squid 2.4
> > The conncections works, and many sites can be surfed, but sometimes some
> > sites will not be displayed in browser and comes with a connectiontimeout
> > (110).
> > For example: www.telefonbuch.de, after entering a search-pattern no result
> > will be shown. Also on www.google.de, no result will be shown after starting
> > a search.
>
> Sounds like you are inside a firewall without informing Squid about this
> minor detail. See the Squid FAQ.

Ah, is it the acl INSIDE_IP dst x.x.x.x/24 ? In squid 2.3 there is a line
that showes

acl intern destdomain x.x.x.x
acl proxy_access src "/etc/squid/block_doms"

http_access allow intern proxy_access

Now I changed it in squid 2.5 to:

acl INSIDE_IP dst x.x.x.x/24
always_direct allow INSIDE_IP

But how do I have to add now the http_access allow proxy_access ?

--
Regards,
     Jens Strohschnitter

* http://www.jens-strohschnitter.de *