[squid-users] Radius Auth / Squid-2.5r6

From: Janno de Wit <Wit@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:15:30 +0100

Hi Folks,

Have a problem here with squid-2.5r6:

Situation:
- LVS-DR with 2 Squidservers
- User can go to whitelist-sites without authorisation
- When entering a site out of the whitelist, basic password auth is
required.
The credentials will be checked via a radius auth helper.

Symptom:
- Sometimes a user is requested for his password, when he/she filled in
the credentials correctly squid denies access like 'incorrect password',
try again, and the user is requested to enter his password again.
This is on both Squid servers directly and via LVS. It doesn't matter
if I use Firefox or Internet Explorer, and, it is not always that squid
requests a password.

Is there a TTL for negative basic auth results? Can this be the
problem?
How can I debug the interaction between squid and
authorization-helpers?

Thanks, JdW.

Janno de Wit
DNA services B.V.