[squid-users] fedora, squid, cisco, transparent proxy and https/ssl

From: Flip Johnson <traebon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:47:18 +0000

Hi Everyone,

We have squid 2.5 setup and working beautifully as a transparent proxy. Our
cisco firewall/router redirects the traffic outbound on port 80 to the squid
box and it in turn is filtered and sent on it's merry way.

Our problem lies with the https traffic, which we are not rerouting at the
cisco box because we realize that squid can't and shouldn't proxy that type
of traffic. The problem is, on and off we seem to have reliability with our
ssl connections. It appears to be an issue when a site redirects from an
insecure to secure page, such as when you are checking out at an ecommerce
site.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you VERY MUCH.

Phil Bartelme