Re: [squid-users] service squid restart not good? must use service squid stop and start?

From: Diamond King <mercyful_fated@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:39:27 -0800 (PST)

Im not sure about which distro of linux ya using and
squid platform ya using but whenever you stop the
squid you may need to run this command to check
whether squid still running or not :-

watch 'ps -Af | grep squid'

If the squid no longer running on the background, it
should be safe to restart the squid.

The reasons are all the same. If you try to run a
multiple copies of apache server behind or ssh
server/ftp server on your linux box, it will certainly
slow down the performance. This case is no differs
from others as well.

Regards.