[squid-users] Re: Help me About Squid

From: Adam Aube <aaube01@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:40:10 -0500

Umar Draz wrote:

> i have a cable internet setup now i want configure for proxy server

> i have P4 Intel Based Server with 512MB RAM 60GB Hardisk

> now my question is this when i choose cache_replacement _policy heap LFUDA
> and memory_replacement_policy heap LFUDA then what should be
> maximum_object_size ?????

Generally the default is acceptable, though it certainly won't hurt if you
increase it. 5 MB or 10 MB should be more than enough for your setup.

> i have 512MB ram and 1100MB swap
> now questions is this i have set 5GB /cache so what should be cache_mem

The default (8 MB) is generally fine. Remember that the OS file cache will
also retain a certain amount of the Squid disk cache (depending on what
else the system is used for), so this value doesn't need to be very high.

Adam