[squid-users] Re: tcp_outgoing_address & CONNMARK

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 15:28:27 +0100 (CET)

Please keep squid related discussion on the squid-users mailinglist, or
Netfilter discussions on the proper netfilter list.

And no, you do not need 100 public IPs. You can NAT all of them to a
single IP when the packet leaves the box, only using the IPs as keying
material to the traffic shaper.

CONNMARK may help you in how to deal with non-proxied traffic in certain
situations, but probably not much here. With CONNMARK you can set a packet
level nfmark value which is persistent for the whole session, allowing
intreresting classifications of TCP sessions rather than packets for the
packet filter. Not much related to Squid however.