RE: [squid-users] WCCP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 16:32:46 +0100 (CET)

As the original error message suggest you need to build a kernel with
module support enabled, then compile the ip_wccp module for this kernel.

Note: Compiling custom modules to RedHat binary 2.4 kernels is a little
tricky, it is highly recommended to first build, install and boot your own
kernel. See RedHat documentation on how to build your own RedHat kernel.

Another note: there is no RedHat Linux 9.1 release. The last RedHat Linux
release is 9, after this came Fedora Core 1. If you are running something
which claims to be RedHat 9.1 then it is not an official RedHat Linux
release, most likely a very early beta version of what then became Fedora
Core 1.