Re: [squid-users] squid - dns server

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:11:27 +0100

On 22.01 22:56, Kinkie wrote:
> No. But you can tell squid to use DNS servers different than those you
> specify system-wide.

however, having local caching DNS resolver might improve performance,
especially when other DNS servers are behing slow link (which is often
the reason why to set up proxy for).

I usually recommend having DNS server even for links that do not need http
proxy.

10 GOTO 10 : REM (C) Bill Gates 1998, All Rights Reserved!