[squid-users] Enforcing Refresh patterns

From: Alexander Shopov <ash@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:42:43 +0200

Hi guys,

After reading the FAQ, searching on google, reading viSofts manual, and
the Squid Documentation project, extensive experimenting and then
wiretrapping with Etereal, I still cannot get the result I want with Squid.
I want to *force* a particular refresh pattern on some objects
(*.gif,*.js) from some servers.

I want all gifs from some servers to be refreshed no earlier than 12
minutes after they went into the cache *regardless* of the settings of
the web server and the commands of the client:

I tried with the following setting:

refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern -i .*\.gif$ 12 100% 12 override-expire override-lastmod
reload-into-ims ignore-reload
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

But then whenever the user client generates a request for a gif object,
squid first checks whether the object is stale by generating a request
to the server. I do not it to do so for at least 12 minutes, I want
squid to return the object immediately.

Can anyone give me advice?

Best regards:
al_shopov