RE: [squid-users] Failing to serve cached objects

From: <johnsuth@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:03:04

I have reverted to the default squid.conf and I am getting the same as when I first
installed Squid. It runs without error but fails to serve cached objects.

The access log reports TCP_REFRESH_MISS/200.

How can the objects be STALE half a minute after being refreshed from the origin server?

ver 2.5.STABLE3-20030628 for i386-pc-os2-emx

 When the server doesn't provide any freshness info for the object.
  Check with : http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

I did that.

O'Reilly's Definitive Guide to HTML and XHTML has no reference in the index for either
Expires or Cache-control, so why would any web page contain such information?

It looks like Squid will fail to serve most web pages. Is this a correct interpretation?

Is there a workaround?