[squid-users] Squid "access.log" problem.

From: ads squid <adssquid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 07:59:05 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
I am using squid 2.5 STABLE on Redhat Linux 9 working
fine.
I am using squid access logs file with "SARG" for
getting user reports.

My ISP (bandwidth supplier) have given me control
panel which shows that data dowmload is about 250 MB
and Upload about 3500 MB. Total 3750 MB.

SARG report "IN-CACHE-OUT" shows me total
1132 MB which is based on squid 'acsess.log' file.
This does not match with ISP's usage report that is
3750 MB. I am paying My ISP on data transfer.

As per my knowledge squid access log does not
differential data uploading and downloading. It gives
data transfer. I am using transperent squid proxy with
redirecting port 80 to 3128.

If my squid access log is 100% correct I would like to
fight with my ISP with squid "access.log" as base.

Squid is http proxy, so this difference in data
transfer might be from port other than 80, 3128.
such as ssh, ftp or some non http port.
My nmap report gives following results.

#############
Port State Service
22/tcp open ssh
80/tcp open http
111/tcp open sunrpc
3128/tcp open squid-http
6000/tcp open X11
###########

I am unable to check if there is any data transfer
from ssh port.
Can you please help me why this difference in data
transfer (about 2600 MB)? and to detect where this
difference in data goes?

I don't know whether this is squid problem OR sarg
problem. But feel squid problem since SARG only uses
squid "access.log" file scanning.

Help appreciated.
Thanks for support