[squid-users] how to log user/IP in squid

From: <airplays55@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 12:07:12 -0800 (PST)

I have 2 types of users I want to differentiate
between in my squid access log:
 1) requests thru a browser running on the server, and
 2) requests through an ssh tunnelled connection into
the server

both are logged with IP 127.0.0.1. And using user
authentication is not really an option due to the
nature of those 2 connection types (right?)

The only way I know of is to turn on "log_mime_hdrs"
in squid.conf so that my log analyzer can use
HTTP_USER_AGENT, but there is so much extra header
info that access.log gets prohibitively large.
Although this would be fine if there were a way to
have squid ONLY write the HTTP_USER_AGENT header to
access.log

Is there any other way to get squid to differentiate
those 2 request types in access.log?