Re: [squid-users] req_mime_type + no_cache

From: Jeremy Shaffner <jshaffner@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:46:37 -0600

On 1/31/05 11:09 AM, "Henrik Nordstrom" <hno@squid-cache.org> wrote:

>> acl zip req_mime_type ^application/zip$
>> acl exe req_mime_type ^application/octet-stream$
>> acl msexe req_mime_type ^application/x-msdownload$
>
> These mime types is almost never never seen in request entities.
>
> I suspect you intended to use the rep_mime_type, not req_mime_type.

Aha. Thank you.

>> no_cache allow zip
>> no_cache allow exe
>> no_cache allow msexe
>> no_cache deny all
>
> Note: no_cache works the opposite of what the name claims.. what you deny
> does not get cached.

Isn't that how I have it written?

> Note2: You can merge all of those mime types in a single acl.

Thanks.

After using rep_ instead of req_ it still didn't work. It wasn't until I
changed:

no_cache allow zip
no_cache allow exe
no_cache allow msexe
no_cache deny all

to:

no_cache deny !zip !exe !msexe

... that it started working as I wanted. This is semantically different but
effectively the same isn't it (including the implied allow all)?

--
Jeremy Shaffner
System Operations