RE: [squid-users] NTLM authentication problem

From: Hugues Ferland <hugues@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 13:17:23 -0500

The proxy replies the user can't access the site - that is any site he
tries - because he is not authenticated.

I can't find documentation about the when and how NTLM is used with
**proxy** in IE.

Even worse, in my test environment, I change those settings and nothing seem
to change. The NTLM authentication continue to work. I even tried restarting
IE and rebooting.

I suspect there is something specific with proxy in IE configuration -
either public or hidden - but I did find it yet.

I read that "Use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connection" should not be enabled
when using NTLM authentication with proxy. But even that as no effect -
disabled or enabled.

I just hope to find some documentation about "IE NTLM authentication with
proxy". So far I got nothing that could help me.

If anyone can point me to something useful I would be really grateful.

Thanks,

Hugues