[squid-users] Squid 2.5 Stable6 doesn't match subdomains

From: Pablo Romero <psromerozu@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 12:10:49 +0000

Hello

I am running Squid 2.5Stable6, created an acl like this:
====================================

acl deniedsites dstdomain "/usr/local/squid/blacklists/porn"
http_access deny deniedsites

====================================

The porn file contains entries like:

playboy.com
penthouse.com

When I test the ACL trying to browse http://www.playboy.com, squid doesn't
block the site, but when I go to http://playboy.com, then the site gets
blocked. This means Squid is not matching subdomains.

I installed Squid 2.2 Stable 5, created the same acl, used the same porn
file and the ACL worked. My Question: Is there and option I have to set for
squid 2.5Stable6 match the subdomains?

Hope you can help guys

Regards

Pablo Romero