Re: [squid-users] Blocking download video.

From: H Matik <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 00:10:00 -0200

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 14:25, Renato Policani wrote:
> Hi everybody....
> I am blocking video in configuration file named deny_music and in
> squidGuardian in blacklist/audio-video. But some users had discovered a way
> for download this extension using "?" before the extension. Exemple:
>
> http://www.xyz.com/video.wmv -> Squid block !! OK !!
>
> http://www.xyz.com/video.wmv? -> Squid don?t block.. Why ???

before? you're sure? or do you mean the other before? ;)

you are not sending your acls and you also do not say if you try it in domains
or urls or expressions of squid guard, may be you try in expressions ok or
try squid acl as

urlpath_regex video\.wmv

should catch "video.wmv" in any place of the URL !host part, means

urlpath_regex \.wmv

should catch any .wmv anywhere in the url but not if part of the host
(example: www.wmv.com goes through)

if you want to catch wmv at the end of the URL string you can try

urlpath_regex \.wmv$

please do not read further and if do not hit or flame me on this list, I just
couldn't hold me back ...

> Attention:  This message was sent for exclusive use of the addressees above
> identified, being able to contain information and or
> privileged/confidential documents and law protects its secrecies.

sorry for ignoring your advice, reading and replying without beeing exclusivly
addressed here :))

> In case that you it has received for deceit, please, it informs the shipper
> and erases it of your system.

may be you claim a better grammar at babblefish ...

tell me how people would know if they got your message by deceit? I would say
you may have sent it by deceit but how would I know?

> We notify that law forbids its retention, dissemination, distribution, copy
> or use without express authorization.

must be jungle law since you sent this to a public list ... even your
portuguese text does not make so very much sense ... our (brazilian)
constitution gives us the right to say anything since we identify ourself so
you may advice that you do not agree or authorize but you're not the law, so
anybody who got this can send it to where he wants to and there is no law
forbidding it ... may be it turns into spam then but that then is another
issue

> Personal opinions of the shipper do not reflect, necessarily, the point of
> view of the CETIP, which is only divulged by authorized people.

pois é ... if it was the "sender's" personal note but it seems to be the
company e-mail footer and so IMO you guys should produce some better shit
(especially after seeing what big cetip.com.br pretends to be)

Infomatik
http://info.matik.com.br
Mensagens não assinadas com GPG não são minhas.
Messages without GPG signature are not from me.