[squid-users] Incorporating MySQL Access Into Squid

From: GRobinson <grobinson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:44:10 +0000

I'm currently setting up a new Squid proxy server to replace an existing one. The current proxy utilises an ACL which connects to a MySQL database and extracts a number of allowed URLs from a table. The problem is, I'm having trouble replicating this behaviour in the new proxy. The current squid.conf file has a number of references to MySQL - including information regarding the name of the database, the user and password etc but when I include these statements in the new squid.conf file I receive a number of errors. Obviously, I need to add MySQL support but I am unsure as to how to do this. I've seen posts regarding a package called mysql_auth but I'm assuming it won't allow me to pull URLs from a database to add into an ACL.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DISCLAIMER
Heckmondwike Grammar School has students with ages ranging from 11 to
18. If you think this email is from a student then please show due
sensitivity to their age in your reply, observing all current
regulations in respect to communicating with a minor.

This email does not represent the views of Heckmondwike Grammar
School. The school, its staff and students cannot be held responsible
for any views, words, comments or files contained within this message.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore HGS does not
accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message.

If you are concerned about the content of this message, please forward
the entire email to webmaster@heckgrammar.kirklees.sch.uk and we will
investigate.

Please note that Heckmondwike Grammar School may intercept incoming
and outgoing email communications.