RE: [squid-users] Reverse proxy redirector

From: Brad Taylor <btaylor@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 02:50:53 -0500

>> For some reason it is not. It is changing the http to https but
>> changing the rest to what ever the value of httpd_accel in the
>> squid.conf file. When ever I change that value I get redirected to
the
>> changed value which is the back end server and bypasses the proxy.
Any
>> ideas on what I could try?

>If your squid.conf is set up to accelerate using internally URLs
pointing
>directly to the backend server then this is what the redirector will
see.

>You then have two options

>a) Clean up your reverse proxy setup to not use the backend server
>address. See numerous posts on the subject mentioning /etc/hosts etc..

I tried finding the other posts about the hosts file but none really
relate to what I'm trying to do.
I changed my squid.conf file and removed references to the backend
server (httpd_accel_host and TheOriginServer) and used the public URL
that points to squid. In the host file I mapped that public URL to the
internal IP address of the backend server. This is what I get in the
access.log:

1107379531.406 19 x.x.x.154 TCP_MISS/302 156 GET
http://squid.xxxxxxx.net/ - NONE/- -

Not sure what I'm missing

>b) Modify the redirector to rewrite back to the public URL when sending

>the redirect.

Tried this too but seems like it is an endless loop. The public URL
points to squid. Isn't the redirector processed before squid does its
magic? Therefore wouldn't the redirector continuously redirect the
client to squid? I must be missing something.