Re: [squid-users] Reverse Proxy (Accelerator Mode) and HTTPS Redirect Endless Loop

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:42:58 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Brad Taylor wrote:

> "$url" value ends up squid.mysite.net, redirecting the browser right
> back to squid.mysite.net and causing an endless loop. I tried putting
> squid.mysite.net in the /etc/hosts file to point to the backend web
> server, but it did not seem to matter. Is there anyway this can be
> done?

You are using Squid-2.5 I suppose.. it's idea of https reverse proxied
content is a little wierd (internally looks like http)

Instead of using a redirector plain access controls in squid.conf can do
the job much easier

acl port80 port 80
http_access deny port80
deny_info https://www.your.site/ port80

you can also use the same in redirector_access to control what is sent to
the redirector.

alternatively you can use "httpd_accel_port 0" and have the redirector
look for the port number to determine if this request was received on the
http_port or on the https_port.