Re: [squid-users] Problem with applet files embedded within html???

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:50:05 +0100

Hi,

At 07.46 05/02/2005, Glenn Baptista wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I had earlier posted a message detailing problems with digest
>authentication (digest_pw_auth copied) from Squid Pre 3 run from within
>squid 2.5 Stable 7. The earlier message is appended below. The problem
>however does not occur when I use Squid Pre 3 version completely.
>
>Henrik can you offer some opinion on when Squid ver 3 will be a production
>release, and whether I am facing a problem because of the digest
>authentication not being copied properly. All I did was copy the
>digest_pw_auth executable from pre 3 to the libexec folder where squid was
>installed. It works fine however when I request any other pages.
>
>When I disable the authentication with the same configuration, even the
>applets can be loaded?

See this thread:

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200501/0762.html

If the applet doesn't support user authentication it doesn't work with any
type of proxy or authentication schema.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/