[squid-users] always / never_direct

From: Chris Knipe <savage@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 01:36:58 +0200

Lo all,

Can someone please just assit me with always/never_direct?

I have two cache peers configured. The one will be used "per default", the
other only for certain IP addresses.

cache_peer x.x.x.x parent 3128 0
cache_peer y.y.y.y parent 3128 0

Then, I have a ACL to setup the certain IP addresses.
acl blah dst a.a.a.a/b

Lastly, I have the access list to allow only the certain addresses via the
peer.
cache_peer_access x.x.x.x allow blah

Now, by default, my proxy seems to want to fetch everything directly and
ignores the cache peers all together.

I suspect what I need now, is always/never_direct, to force squid to ALWAYS
use cache_peer x.x.x.x for acl blah, and ALWAYS use cache_peer y.y.y.y for
the rest.

Can anyone give me the one or two lines required? :)

I tried never_direct deny blah (and always_direct deny blah) - to no avail
though. Squid still hapily fetches the objects directly.

--
Chris.