Re: [squid-users] LVS/TUN or LVS/DR

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:11:13 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Askar wrote:

> and yes all the caches are on the same switch, and we will also put the LVS
> Director on the same switch with cache servers.
> I thinks LVS/DR is what we have to go for ? :) sorry for my stupid question
> again and again

Yes.

To make this setup simpler the LVS should have three network interfaces

1: Client network

2: Internet

3: Cache servers

or alternatively two

1: Client Network

2: Internet + Cache Servers

Using DR with the cache servers on the same network segment as the client
network is a bit tricky. Not if you only do interception, but if you want
to provide a proxy address as well (recommended).