RE: [squid-users] Clearing the Squid cache or disabling caching d uring certain periods

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:56:02 -0900

To the best of my knowledge (and I imagine I'll be corrected if wrong) Squid
completely ignores acls for cached content. In other words, if you block
the yahoo.com domain via an acl, reload squid and try to hit yahoo.com, if
the page is in cache, Squid will serve it. Once you try to surf to a
non-cached yahoo.com page, Squid will prevent that request from being
served.

Similarly, during the MAINT time listed above (12:32-12:35) no NEW pages
will be cached, but any pages currently in cache will be served.

This is all anecdotal experience and should not be relied on as truth.

Chris