RE: [squid-users] squid doesn't start

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:33:48 -0900

For future reference, there are some who don't take kindly to inserting new
questions into an existing thread, as it makes reading the thread after the
fact more difficult. Posting responses above the current text (which you
have not done, I'm just fore-warning) is also frowned upon.

To answer your question... It depends entirely on what OS you are running
Squid on. One of the more common is some flavor of RedHat linux, in which
case type "chkconfig squid on" without the quotes should set you up right
(assuming you installed Squid via RPM). Other Unix-like systems are covered
in http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-3.html#ss3.6, and if you are
running Squid on Windows, you'll have to specify that, and ask again. I
have very little Windows Server knowledge.

Chris