Re: [squid-users] SquidNT log file analysis?

From: Serassio Guido <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:03:14 +0100

Hi Michael,

At 20.29 10/02/2005, Michael Wassell wrote:

>Hi All;
>
>I'm curious to know if anyone might be using SquidNT that has managed to
>find a log file analysis tool that will allow reporting on URL's
>visited?

Webalizer is one, you can find a link to the native Windows port on the
SquidNT web page.

>Similar to SRG or SARG listed on http://www.squid-cache.org/Scripts/

I have tried, without success, to build a Windows native port of SARG. It
should work using Cygwin.

>The problem that I'm running into is the majority of log parsing scripts
>written for Squid are designed to compile on a *nix platform and/or use
>*nix paths. I know that Squid has the ability to emulate a httpd log
>format and that format is cross-platform, but I imagine if I were to rig
>something together to parse a httpd log the output would be very
>confusing. That's something that I would like to avoid if possible due
>to the audience that will ultimately be viewing this information.

Cygwin could be your friend.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Gorizia, 69 10136 - Torino - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.3249426 Fax. : +39.011.3293665
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/