RE: [squid-users] Blocking EXE problem??

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:10:19 -0900

Perhaps something like:

acl EXE urlpath_regex -i \.exe$ # Or just add the $ to the end of your EXE
acl above
acl programs rep_mime_type application/octet-stream
http_reply_access deny EXE programs

That will not block requests for anything ending in exe (or EXE or ExE
or...), but should block replies for files ending with .exe of type
application/octet-stream. A request for the above url (...xworks.exe?M) is
currently blocked due to the missing "$" (which matches end of string) on
the end of your regex expression. In addition, the http_access line is
blocking requests that contain .exe unless it's a POST request from an
ITStaff IP address. Usually (but not always) requests with a ? are GETs.

Chris