Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.5.7 crashing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 06:10:26 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>>> Can you provide a stacktrace?
>>
>> Unfortunately, I haven't got one.
>
> Well, I need one to be able to help you ;-)

The problem just happened to show it's ugly face on me tonight, and I now
have the info I need and even made a patch. See Bug #1234 for more info. A
bit supriced as it a long standing bug (introduced Dec 2003) and I surely
would expect it to have popped up sooner..

What I can say about the problem is that it is very likely to pop up with
log_fqdn enabled, but it can pop up even with it disabled (default) and is
easily reproducible when one knows the conditions. It's a pity the nature
of this problem was not discovered a few days ago before 2.5.STABLE8 was
release as now I have to start planning a 2.5.STABLE9 release to get this
critical patch incorporated...