[squid-users] Slow browsing

From: Oliver Insanally <oliver@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:25:55 -0400

Hello:

We are running Squid 2.5-stable on Red Hat Enterprise EL 3.0 as a
transparent proxy for our dial-up users.

We have noticed that we when we check at the start of each day, browsing
seems to be very slow even though our bandwidth is not completely used
up. We notice that flushing the NAT rules we have, i.e., bypassing Squid,
causes browsing to speed up. The CPU usage at these times is under 1%.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Oliver