[squid-users] Re: Correction: [squid-users] how to send one information or warning page to the every authenticated client

From: OTR Comm <otrcomm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 23:10:42 -0700

I use Standard C, not Perl in this system.

Murrah Boswell

Hello,

I can send Login Alerts to all users, Special Messages to all users,
Group Messages to all members of a given group and Personal Messages to
individuals. The Login Alerts appear to all users when they login to
the system, and they only appear once.

Special Messages appear both to people when they login and to users who
are already logged in the next time they submit a GET to Squid. That
is, as soon as the Squid administrator post the Special Message, all
users who are currently logged into the system will receive the message
at their next GET, but users who are not logged on will receive the
mesage when they do logon.

Group Messages only appear to members of a particular group when they
login, or after the next GET if they are already logged on. Them same
as for Special Messages, but specifically targeted to specific group
members.

Personal Messages are directed to a specific user, and that user will
receive the personal message at the next GET if they are logged on when
the administrator post the message, or when they do login if they are
not logged in when the message is posted.

How this all works is really off topic for Squid, but I would be more
than willing to communicate directly with you about how my system
works. I developed all the code, and it is OpenSource, so drop me a
note at otrcomm@isp-systems.com if you are interested. I can set you up
with an account in my system and demonstrate how it works.

I use Squid 2.5, Linux, Perl, Customized SquidGuard and MySQL. I
authenticate through MySQL. Not really close to your configuration, but
the paradigm is portable.

Murrah Boswell