[squid-users] "Can't Contact Windbindd. Dying" error

From: Michael Wassell <mwassell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 13:17:22 -0500

Hi Everyone;

I'm in the process of configuring Squid on a linux box.

I've successfully configured Samba (3.0.10.0) to communicate with my
Windows 2003 domain. I am able to authenticate using both plain-text
and ntlm authentication using the wbinfo tool. I also receive a good
reply when using 'wbinfo -p'.

I've compiled squid (2.5 STABLE-8) with ntlm and basic helpers,
everything seemed to go well and Squid has been installed into its
default path (/usr/local/squid/).

What I am attempting to do is test the nt_auth helper outside of Squid
before configuring Squid to use NTLM authentication and I am receiving
the error mentioned in the subject line. Can anyone think of any reason
why I would be receiving that error if everything checks out okay with
winbind? I'm sure that it's something simple that I'm missing...

Thanks!