Re: [squid-users] squid auth. using basic and ntlm at the same time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:27:06 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Xavier Callejas wrote:

> I want that IE don't ask for a passwd, and msn messeger can work.

Hard to do, given the fact that both clients are seriously broken in their
authentication support. You have to select one as you can only work
around one of the clients at a time.

If you have a Microsoft support contract I would suggest using this to
request Microsoft to improve the quality of the authentication support in
MSIE and MSN Messenger, to allow both programs to be used proper with a
proxy requiring authenitcation.