[squid-users] Re: File download blocking

From: zottmann <zottmann@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:07:30 -0300

Hi !!

I think it is better to use a "rep_mime_tipe" acl, because this way you have
better control over what is being downloaded then using file extensions.

Regards,
Carlos.

-------------------

Hello,

You're all probably tired of this subject but I'm having a problem with the
following config:

acl europe src x.x.x.x/x.x.x.x
acl germany src x.x.x.x/x.x.x.x

acl blockfiles url_regex "/etc/squid/denyfiles.txt"

http_access deny blockfiles germany
http_access deny blockfiles europe

The contents of the denyfiles.txt looks like this:

\.exe$
\.zip$
\.mpg$
\.mpeg

The problem is that none of the files I want to block and prevent download
are actually blocked and can be downloaded.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks,

IM