Fwd: Re: [squid-users] Two squid instances based on file types? Is it good?

From: H Matik <h@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:46:41 -0300

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 09:13, you wrote:
> > this should work, you add other extensions as you need
> >
> > acl bf urlpath_regex \.mpg
> > acl bf urlpath_regex \.avi
> > acl bf urlpath_regex \.wmv
> >
> > never_direct allow bf
> > always_direct deny bf
>
> As I wrote to Henrik, I should use never_direct to be sure that the
> front end squid asks to the back end squid right?!

you may even even add

always_direct allow !bf

in order not to query it for other file types

if you do not use always|never_direct the thing will not work correctly

I am not sure if talking back|front-end cache is good here, lets stay with
large_object and small_object cache

we suppose here that the small_object cache is the one exposed and used by
your users

if you do not use always|never_direct in the small_object cache you probably
never get a hit and the small_object cache will pull the large objects
without storing them ever since you limit it with max_object_size

means you need to force calling the large_object cache which then should
 store the object and you get a hit at the next call

> Suppose the backend squid has its own cache_peer parent and suppose I
> want that, whenever the frontend squid asks the backend squid for a
> multimedia files, if the backend squid doesn't have it, it asks to its
> own parent, when it gets the file back it sends this back back to the
> frontend squid....do you think this could be possible with such a
> configuration?!?!

this is pretty confusing

Hans

> > > But, what about staleness? Can I set up the refresh time in
> > > squid...with which directive?!?!
> >
> > you can use refresh_pattern
>
> Do you know if I can match on the cache_dir using refresh_pattern!?!?
>
> > Hans
> >
> > > Once again, may thanks!!!!
>
> Thank you so much Hans! ;)
>
> Marco

Infomatik
(18)8112.7007
http://info.matik.com.br
Mensagens não assinadas com GPG não são minhas.
Messages without GPG signature are not from me.