[squid-users] SquidNT - basic auth?

From: James Gray <james_gray@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:20:08 +1100

Gah - one of our support people in $REMOTE_OFFICE has decided to lead a little
rebellion and installed squid on a Win2k Server box (the standard here is to
run Squid on RHEL). After a little massaging I've managed to fix most of the
differences between squid.conf on Linux and SquidNT - seeing as the support
people couldn't figure out why *nix line ends in config files confused
SquidNT.

However, I can't seem to get basic authentication to work. We need basic auth
for some legacy apps and other stuff (like Java) which don't support NTLM
auth.

I know this is probably a simple oversight on my part, but I'm happy to be
handed a URL and told to figure it out. Of course if someone can
cut-and-paste the basic auth from squid.conf for SquidNT that's even
better :) TIA

Cheers,

James