Re: [squid-users] Squid encodes data - auth helper

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:33:49 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005, Janno de Wit wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Squid: 2.5 stable 6
> Linux-2.6.9.
>
> I found out when debugging that Squid HTML-encodes the username and
> password before it pushes it into the Basic Auth helper.

Yes, as mentioned in the Squid-2.5 release notes squid URL-encodes odd
characters in usernames or passwords. This to ensure stability in the text
based protocol used.

You need to URL-decode the input data after splitting the fields in
username & password to make sense of them.

I have a updated and cleaned up version of squid_radius_auth by Marc van
Selm where these adjustments have been done and a bit more. This is
available from http://www.squid-cache.org/contrib/squid_radius_auth/ or
the squid-cache.org CVS repository.