Re: [squid-users] :Direct connection without DNS lookup

From: <chanaka@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:44:21 +0600 (LKT)

Hi

OK
In my setup i have 2 proxies where the parent is open to the internet
behind the Firewall and another proxy which cannot go direct to the
internet connects to the parent proxy to get web pages.

I have some sites in an intranet where i need those sites to be accesses
only by the child proxy without setting up a DNS server.

I need to tell the child proxy to directly comnnect to the intranet server
with the help of /etc/hosts in this server.

My problem is although the server /etc/nsswitch.conf is configure to look
files whin resolving this is not taken by squid when accessing the
relevent server.

Regs

Chanaka