[squid-users] Squid is blocking MSN Messenger

From: crobq <crobq@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:08:01 -0300

Hello, I have Squid 2.4 installed in a Debian machine and a firewall in another machine. I configured the firewall so that only the machine with Squid can directly access Internet, thus forcing users to use the proxy in their browser and MSN configurations. Everything worked fine until two weeks ago. All of a sudden, although internet acces was fine MSN could not connect anymore. If I open port 1863 in the firewall MSN can connect again (I know it´s bypassing proxy in such way), but when I return to normal config it shows TCP_MISS/503 in access.log for URL gateway.messenger.hotmail.com. I´ve been searching for solutions since then, but was unable to find any. Could anyone please help ?

Thanks __________________________________________________________________________ Acabe com aquelas janelinhas que pulam na sua tela. AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis! http://antipopup.uol.com.br/